Mississippi Gun Owners banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Rational Anarchist
14,196 Posts
@Scharfschütze
Not sure how accurate the M&P is but the conversion I have, I can hit 4" plates at 20-25 yards pretty much every pull of the trigger. For a training and fun piece, that is more than adequate. I guess it just depends what you want it for.
Yeah, mine is plenty accurate for plinking but not good enough for squirrels. At least it wouldn’t make a head shot, every time, at 30-40 yards like my 10/22 will.

Reactions: Mesquite and rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,544 Posts
Yep the 10/22 can be made very accurate.You can also buy a ar15 22lr barrel and bolt and a mag and have a AR22 witht eh proper twist barrel that would be more accurate just like the M&P22.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep the 10/22 can be made very accurate.
I used a borrowed 10/22 for an Appleseed course. It was fitted with aftermarket aperture target sights and I shot the "shingle" with ease - if memory serves, it was something like 3 rounds into an area smaller than a dime at 25 yards. So yeah, very accurate - and that was with bulk cheap ammo on a weapon that wasn't modified aside from better iron sights. Not to mention it was very dirty.

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
I did a quick ammoseek for Hornady 9mm 135gr Critical Duty ( my fav ) this morning just for laughs. Only 2 sellers. One wanted $29/20rd, the other wanted $89 for 20rds. Both were gun shops, not private parties. :ROFLMAO:

·
Rational Anarchist
14,196 Posts
I did a quick ammoseek for Hornady 9mm 135gr Critical Duty ( my fav ) this morning just for laughs. Only 2 sellers. One wanted $29/20rd, the other wanted $89 for 20rds. Both were gun shops, not private parties. :ROFLMAO:
I thought they came in boxes of twenty five? Regardless, I’m so glad I went a bit nuts buying ammo back before the shutdown.

I’m set for quite a while but I may still buy a bit of hunting grade .30-‘06 if I run across it at a sane price, but I sure don’t need it.

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
I thought they came in boxes of twenty five? Regardless, I’m so glad I went a bit nuts buying ammo back before the shutdown.

I’m set for quite a while but I may still buy a bit of hunting grade .30-‘06 if I run across it at a sane price, but I sure don’t need it.
One of the sellers listed it as 25rnd, the other at 20rnd. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Last year I was buying it (Critical Duty) for $32/50rnd box. I'm tempted to start an auction for some of my stash. ;)

·
Thank a veteran.
4,171 Posts
Wondering if the aged and wise among us can provide any insight for those among us who’s enthusiasm for firearms blossomed after the last scare/shortage. Personally, I have enough loaded Ammo to supply my needs for the foreseeable future. Others aren’t as lucky. Pandemic aside, with the current sociopolitical climate of the USA, can we expect to see prices and availability return to pre-pandemic levels? Or is $30+ per 50 for 115 grain FMJ 9mm the new normal?
i fully expect at least a 20% increase simply because ppl will pay it. I think it’s garbage that the local firearm store owners are cleaning out the big box stores to resale at double the cost plus. The sad thing is usually the ppl who say “buy local bc it’s a family business” are the first ones to rake consumers over the coals. Now let the wolves attack for my comment that is complete truth.....

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
i fully expect at least a 20% increase simply because ppl will pay it. I think it’s garbage that the local firearm store owners are cleaning out the big box stores to resale at double the cost plus. The sad thing is usually the ppl who say “buy local bc it’s a family business” are the first ones to rake consumers over the coals. Now let the wolves attack for my comment that is complete truth.....
👆
Yep,but that’s not price gouging! Certainly someone will be by soon to explain! 🤣

·
Registered
15 Posts
$29/20rd
Well that's reasonable for self-defense ammo.
the other wanted $89 for 20rds.
Ahhh, yeah, that's aberrant.

A bunch of my neighbors bought stripped lowers (on my guidance) and I helped them assemble everything from rifle kits. I also had them buy optics and magazines. I did not, however, have them buy ammo at these crazy prices, I just gave them a few hundred rounds and said you can replace the ammo once prices get back to normal.

Obviously a lot of (most, apparently, from the people I've been talking to) gun owners don't have more than a few boxes of ammo sitting around, and I am upset at them for adding to the panic buying. They should know better and should have a healthy stockpile at all times.

I'm a little upset at first time buyers for just now learning the realities of the world, but at least I can understand why they are buying ammo. In the defense of most of my neighbors, most already owned guns - a pistol, for example, for home defense - but are just now realizing that an "Evil Scary Looking Assault Rifle" is really what is needed if your fear is rioters or mass social breakdown.

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
$29/20rd
Well that's reasonable for self-defense ammo.
the other wanted $89 for 20rds.
Ahhh, yeah, that's aberrant.

A bunch of my neighbors bought stripped lowers (on my guidance) and I helped them assemble everything from rifle kits. I also had them buy optics and magazines. I did not, however, have them buy ammo at these crazy prices, I just gave them a few hundred rounds and said you can replace the ammo once prices get back to normal.

Obviously a lot of (most, apparently, from the people I've been talking to) gun owners don't have more than a few boxes of ammo sitting around, and I am upset at them for adding to the panic buying. They should know better and should have a healthy stockpile at all times.

I'm a little upset at first time buyers for just now learning the realities of the world, but at least I can understand why they are buying ammo. In the defense of most of my neighbors, most already owned guns - a pistol, for example, for home defense - but are just now realizing that an "Evil Scary Looking Assault Rifle" is really what is needed if your fear is rioters or mass social breakdown.
You really have to shop around these days. A couple days ago (mentioned in another thread) I picked up some Sig 124grn Vcrown for $15 /20 rd (shot up $10 worth today just to see how the gun liked it - we did (y) ). Still expensive compared to last year when I was paying $32 for a 50rnd box of Critical Duty. I'm not short of anything, but I do pick up a couple boxes of ammo whenever I run across a reasonable price, whether I need it or not. Been doing that for years.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts