Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current administration in office and the onslaught of firearm bills we are going to face I wonder if the venerable 1911 will make a comeback. Well that is if they just do a magazine capacity instead of outlawing all semiauto's. Proven for many years I certainly wouldn't feel under gunned carrying a 1911. Might be a sound investment in getting a couple. Well that is if ammo isn't outlawed......................

Nothing special but she'll do.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish this one was a lightweight but its not. But thats the good thing about 1911's even the all steel ones carry comfortably in most any holster. I carry 2 spare mags most times. While its less than most carry like you I feel it is more than adequate most ever time.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't get me wrong I love my 1911s. But I think I'd still rather have my G19 with 10 round mags.
Nothing wrong with that. I could go my chopped G17 with some 10 rounders. But do feel like the 1911 might just get a surge in use. And if they get crazy and make it 7 round limit , well..............😉

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
1911 has been my EDC for almost 40 years (well I did carry a Hi-Power for a while); not about to change now. I still carry old fashioned ammo too; Cor-Bons 200gr hollow points (flying ashtray). I didn't grow up in the "spray n Pray" era of needing 50+ rounds on your person at all times. When I feel like I'm going into a war zone I'll carry two spare mags otherwise I carry whats in the gun. 40+ years never needed more than what I had. I've lived in a LOT worse places (in a LOT worse circumstances) than Mississippi has to offer; I've been shot at; more than I care to remember; my gun has been out of it's holster a few times over the years and I've never felt at a disadvantage.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
It never managed a GoAway in my small arsenal. I still carry mine at times, though I like a revolver most of the time. I'll never feel unprepared with a .45 ACP 1911 on my hip.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If the stuff passes and we are limited to 10, Idk if I'd jump on a 1911 first but I would 100% start carrying .45 acp. If I can only have 10 I want big ones. I do have a Kahr that falls within that and is suited well for CCW, even takes 1911 mags.

·
Registered
383 Posts
There’s to much tax dollars they can’t live without from guns and ammunition..how else would they pay for that new yacht..I think they do this crap to drive sales up..they must be invested into these gun and ammo companies...Republicans drive sales down with comfort..democrats scare them way up...IMO

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There’s to much tax dollars they can’t live without from guns and ammunition..how else would they pay for that new yacht..I think they do this crap to drive sales up..they must be invested into these gun and ammo companies...Republicans drive sales down with comfort..democrats scare them way up...IMO

Yeah guess Clinton didn't need that money when he passed the AWB back yonder. They'll pass whatever gun regulation they can cause its what they do.

Reactions: eric3713

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,146 Posts
True on If limit to less than 10. Then I'd switch for sure. I want what's more comfortable to carry, Glock since lighter; more reliable or at least piece of my mind that it is, Glock; and what I shoot better with and faster with, Glock again. I would like to see if I can dump 10 rounds with my Glock in the same time or less than 7 out of 1911 that someone else is shooting, I know I'm faster than me in that scenario. I do know the hit area will be much better with the Glock. But hey one shot with 45 is all it takes cause they'll bleed out right? :LOL:

·
Registered
383 Posts
On the gun issue there lots of demoncrats that like guns too..just look at the past 25 years of gun legislation voting..lots of nahs from both sides of the isle...

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True on If limit to less than 10. Then I'd switch for sure. I want what's more comfortable to carry, Glock since lighter; more reliable or at least piece of my mind that it is, Glock; and what I shoot better with and faster with, Glock again. I would like to see if I can dump 10 rounds with my Glock in the same time or less than 7 out of 1911 that someone else is shooting, I know I'm faster than me in that scenario. I do know the hit area will be much better with the Glock. But hey one shot with 45 is all it takes cause they'll bleed out right? :LOL:
LOL, we may have to get together and see one day. Would have to be a limited run in todays ammo climate though. I do think one should be able to empty the 1911 quicker. Well I guess that would depend if you have practiced the short reset for the Glock. Me I shoot revolvers way to much my finger is just about trained to always go fully forward like shooting a DA revolver.

Reactions: infosponge

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah guess Clinton didn't need that money when he passed the AWB back yonder. They'll pass whatever gun regulation they can cause its what they do.
I remember his ban but I also remember buying sks from local drug store and buying 30 round mags also after his so called ban...it was very effective..but you are right anything can happen nowadays

·
Registered
640 Posts
You make solid points, with that being said, I bet the G48 would replace the G19 as the "gold standard edc" I wouldn't carry the 19 with 10 rounds though if I have to neuter it then I would probably go to a smaller platform. I do shoot the 19 size better than smaller handguns though.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I'd go with 1911 -9mm with 9 round mag 1 up the pipe if I was going to stick with the 9mm.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts