Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,134 Posts
You make solid points, with that being said, I bet the G48 would replace the G19 as the "gold standard edc" I wouldn't carry the 19 with 10 rounds though if I have to neuter it then I would probably go to a smaller platform. I do shoot the 19 size better than smaller handguns though.
Ahh true good point

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,134 Posts
LOL, we may have to get together and see one day. Would have to be a limited run in todays ammo climate though. I do think one should be able to empty the 1911 quicker. Well I guess that would depend if you have practiced the short reset for the Glock. Me I shoot revolvers way to much my finger is just about trained to always go fully forward like shooting a DA revolver.
I'll supply the ammo for the test. My Glock shoots softer and I can grip it better than my 1911s. The muzzle rise is much less allowing faster on target follow ups. For me at least.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I would think the muzzle rise would be less with the all steel 45? Are you running a comp on it? But it also is what you are used to shooting. That plays the biggest part in handling. And I can say i like the G17 with the chopped grip and magwell on it. Pushes my hand high into it. The 1911's I like the thin grips the best for some reason. Been thinking about putting a bushing comp on my Commander size 1911 and see if it would help. It would only make it the same length as a Government model.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,134 Posts
I would think the muzzle rise would be less with the all steel 45? Are you running a comp on it? But it also is what you are used to shooting. That plays the biggest part in handling. And I can say i like the G17 with the chopped grip and magwell on it. Pushes my hand high into it. The 1911's I like the thin grips the best for some reason. Been thinking about putting a bushing comp on my Commander size 1911 and see if it would help. It would only make it the same length as a Government model.
Not on my carry gun. I would use it for the test. I have a recoil comp on my wife's g19 and I'd bet I could empty a standard mag faster. Thing is wicked fast and flat.
I put a bushing comp on my Colt competition and it does help some. Looks really cool too ha. The weight of the all steel frame doesn't really make a difference to me when shooting such a larger harder hitting round.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I should have bought a shot timer awhile back when I was thinking about one. That would be a fair indication on speed of dump.

Reactions: onlymaroonmatters

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,134 Posts
I should have bought a shot timer awhile back when I was thinking about one. That would be a fair indication on speed of dump.
Got one. Next range Trip I'll measure them. Need bonus points for Alpha hits. May can use a timer app on your phone. Not the best but better than nothing.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I did that one time before worked fairly good if I took it out of my case.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Since I have no handguns that carry more than 10 in a standard magazine, a 10-round limit is of no particular concern to me for a carry gun. I've always preferred large bore size over high capacity...the reason I most often carry a .44 Special revolver.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
In this day and age even with a large bore size being able to continue the fight with more rounds is also desirable.

·
MSGO Court Jester
38,733 Posts
In this day and age even with a large bore size being able to continue the fight with more rounds is also desirable.
Got that covered too, two 13+1 .45 ACP and one 14+1. The latter is a 1911. Would only take me a couple of minutes to go back to carrying a Commander size 1911 with two extra mags. I can also make those 10 round if I feel the need.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Old guys and their infatuations with 45acp.......who can really complain when old,fat,short and slow get it done every time 😂
LOL, most times at least. Ya know the sun shines on every dogs tail every now and again. 🤣

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
I think part is the mindset. we see them on tv shooting 15 rounds or more and reloading of 9mm. The 1911 will never go away with such a loyal following. Hey you dont need 17 shots if you hit someone 1 time with these in the chest.
I currently own 3 and they will never be outlawed as long as I am alive. Im toting my 10mm now and hope to one day shoot a deer with it
I like all pistols and calibers and particularly love my 4 inch Model 66 Smith and it only shoots 6. Do I feel under-guned with 6 rounds heck no cause I am shooting to hit what I am aiming at. 30 years ago we would be hearing; I dont want one of those dadburn plastic guns over one of these. Hey they are all good and have their place.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think part is the mindset. we see them on tv shooting 15 rounds or more and reloading of 9mm. The 1911 will never go away with such a loyal following. Hey you dont need 17 shots if you hit someone 1 time with these in the chest.
I currently own 3 and they will never be outlawed as long as I am alive. Im toting my 10mm now and hope to one day shoot a deer with it
I like all pistols and calibers and particularly love my 4 inch Model 66 Smith and it only shoots 6. Do I feel under-guned with 6 rounds heck no cause I am shooting to hit what I am aiming at. 30 years ago we would be hearing; I dont want one of those dadburn plastic guns over one of these. Hey they are all good and have their place.
You can never have enough rounds in a fire fight...accuracy goes out the window also when someone is dumping on you at 10 feet..also a 9 to chest is just as deadly as a 45

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
I love how this has become another 9 vs 45 / Glock vs 1911 thread. The classics never die.

Anywho, the fact is that any gun (or improvised weaponry) will work if you're willing to fight with it. Negligible technicalities aren't nearly as important as what's between our ears. Carry what suits you. Just be willing & able to scrap.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I love how this has become another 9 vs 45 / Glock vs 1911 thread. The classics never die.

Anywho, the fact is that any gun (or improvised weaponry) will work if you're willing to fight with it. Negligible technicalities aren't nearly as important as what's between our ears. Carry what suits you. Just be willing & able to scrap.
A smart man knows what to say but a wise man knows when to say it..😀

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
IF (I never would but IF) I was going to carry a Glock in a 10 round mag world it would be a G26 with a G19 barrel (or G27 with a G23 barrel).

Reactions: infosponge
21 - 39 of 39 Posts