1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well I'm the proud owner of Winchester M1 Garand that belong to Ted captain-03 that Jeffery was kind enough to sell me. Hope I will be able to make it to the M&G in March with it and the M1 Carbine. Thanks Randy for picking it up for me.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Dang that one is great looking, glad you got it.
I spent a few years in high school and later college
ROTC tossing one of those 9 1/2 pound monsters around
but none I ever saw were anywhere this nice.

·
Senior Curmudgeon
627 Posts
Dated Jan 1945, built during the Battle of the Bulge. Looks nice. That CMP stock should be nice and tight, one of the keys to making a good shooter.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When Randy picked it up for me he said they were told it was the special grade. Would that be what they call the Special Grade M1 Garand on the CMP site? I have never seen the white lettering on the serial number. The CMP certificate says he bought it in 2008.

Reactions: Mesquite and para40

·
Senior Curmudgeon
627 Posts
If it has a new Criterion (?) barrel, it was probably the Service Grade Special, that is now called the CMP Special. What do you see on the barrel with the oprod pulled back? The white letters are just some white crayon or other white substance used to highlight the stamp (I used to use White-Out - which is quickly fading into the past with typewriters).

·
Registered
952 Posts
Did the white out work good? Easy enough to remove?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts