Mississippi Gun Owners banner

xd mags sticking in mag well

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Any of you xd owners have this issue? I have 3 mags, all Springfield brand, and they will not drop free of the gun, even when fully loaded. They are rubbing on the sides of the mag well. Two of the mags came with the gun, one was bought later. Mag well is clean.
Could the mags have widened due to the bullets pressing on the sidewall when being fully loaded and being double-stacked?

#5 ·
Tip: Sell it to some sucker that doesn't know better and then buy a GLOCK!!!! :lol3:

#6 ·
Ive ran plenty of fully loaded mags thru mine with no issues at all. Can you see any wear marks on the mag or inside the mag?

#7 ·
I don't think the mag would be swelling due to being fully load, check the mag release, from what I have read XD and XDm mags not dropping free is usually an issue with the mag release button itself.

#10 ·
Mrs. Hammer said:
You can see where the sides of the mag are rubbing in the mag well when you drop the mag. Hope we can figure out what's causing the issue with MY XD so Hammer can get it corrected for ME.
yep, Hammer you just got called out on your own forum???????????????

I havent had that problem with either of mine the XDsc or XDM9 but havent shot either of them in a while. something about deer season makes me conserve handgun ammo for some reason. but will have a stock pile come spring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.