Mississippi Gun Owners banner

XDS dangerous issue

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  LCL-M4 
#1 ·
My XDS 9mm recently chambered a round at the range, would'nt fire said round and the slide is locked forward, no combination of input will allow the slide to come back. What's the next best step to getting this thing out of batery.

#12 ·
I have unlocked a 380 not long ago with a big rubber hammer and tapping the corner edges of the slide. Make sure finger is away from trigger at all times and that the gun is pointed in safe direction. I have heard of others that use the table or bench edge. I would try to clear any remaining ammo from mag if possible. If there happens to be an explosion, you don't want anything going off in magazine. Wear safety goggles for eyes. I would not be afraid of trying it but I would be careful.

#18 ·
Glad you got that problem sorted. My wife has a new XDE in 9mm so, I am hoping we don't have problems with it. Her last firearm was a S&W M&P, in .40S&W cal. it was a piece of crap, three mags of federal ammo thru it and the sear broke, trigger wouldn't reset. Sent it to Smith & Wesson repair center, they replaced the sear along with two other parts. We went to a gun range where after two mags of ammo thru it, the sear broke again. We returned it for a full refund, and bought her the XDE. She hasn't shot this one yet.

#19 ·
Generally speaking the XDS and/or XD series of firearms is supposed to be an excellent choice and a quality firearm so I was surprised when I had an issue and assumed it was the ammunition but but for the life of me could not get the slide back and didn't want to damage it by ramming against a bench or in a vice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.